Before I even begin, why does it always seem like Mercury is in retrograde?! I feel like things are normal for a split second and then Mercury pulls the rug out from under and before you know it, it's back again. I mean.... can we not? Also, being a Gemini and the fact that my planet IS Mercury, I always feel connected to the planet and often get hit with Mercury's fabulous way of making things ridiculously complicated in the most Gemini-ish way possible. But, whether your planet is Mercury or not, there's no denying this freakish retrograde thing makes everyone's lives take a little spin.
But why give in? Don't get me wrong, it is easy to especially when you feel like the odds are not in your favor. I'm a big believer in taking things into your own hands and being in control as much as you possibly can. Mercury in retrograde is inevitable. It's science. It's real life. Or maybe it's aliens controlling the circumstances on Earth every now and then. Whatever it is, we need to deal with it and luckily, I have found a few ways that have helped me every time through the rough patches during the year! Do you guys have any specific ways to cope? Let me know!
How I Beat Mercury in Retrograde...Every Time
1. I write my intentions down for the day or week or month.
2. I am extra careful with my electronics - ALWAYS back them up! I have learned the hard way.
3. I focus on positive aspects of my daily situations.
4. I actively look for different ways to get inspired.
5. I try to create a new short-term goal to work towards.
6. I embrace situations that have either a slow start or a slow progression - they aren't happening overnight for a reason, and I know the process will speed up in time.
7. I make time for me to focus on my mental and physical health - working out is always important to me, but the stress of Mercury leaves me irritable so working out is even more of a priority to relieve that stress. I also make sure I make time to go for a walk by myself to alleviate any feelings of anxiety (if you know me, you know that I have terrible anxiety really every day, but it's heightened during retrograde).
8. I make lists of things to do and people to connect for when I feel the time WILL be right.
9. I connect and spend time with friends who are in a similar creative field. - If it's anyone who gets totally understands in that moment, it's another creative!
10. I treat myself to frequent coffees :) - Ok, this isn't the most economically smart way to deal with it, but hey when you're frustrated it always helps.
11. I do my best to stay OFF social media. Love the feeling of a good old fashioned social media cleanse.
Photography by: Rebecca Gnasso