5 Reasons to Justify Treating Yourself Today
If you're anything like me, you probably make excuses as to why you have to constantly stick to a strict regime of eating really clean and maintaining a super healthy lifestyle. I very rarely "treat myself." There's nothing wrong with that. In fact, that's a good thing. But if you're too strict and critical of every move you make, you can miss out on things that may brighten your day.
For instance, I just went to brunch with my friend Marisa the other day to this adorable restaurant called Great Maple at Fashion Island in Newport Beach. The crowd was great, the decor was adorable and the food was to die for! I knew this place had some really creative (and carb-y) dishes and usually on a day to day basis I am never that fun when it comes to food. You would think I am, but for the most part I stick to the same stuff.
Marisa and I were prepared to go in - all or nothing. Even our waitress was like, wow you guys are really going for it! We got our cocktails and our delightful fruity pebbles pancakes, fried chicken and maple glazed donuts with bacon bits, and of course a sweet little salad. We had such a good time and it felt really good to just let loose a bit and simply enjoy the food in front of me and the lively atmosphere around me.
So, on this lovely Tuesday: If you needed a sign, well here it is. Whether it's today or this weekend, find one thing that you've been wanting to do or eat and just do it. Get back on track the next day! Plus, whatever you're going to do probably makes for some really fun photos.
Here are 5 reasons to justify treating yourself today!
1. You're a perfectionist in every aspect of your life (like me) and you need to take a day off to simply enjoy the little things in life that could turn your day around. Nothing like some good old sugar!!!
2. You should document the fun things around you. Sticking to the same thing every single day gets old and you can get caught up in it.
3. You've just met one of your goals, whether it's short-term or long-term. That deserves some celebrating!
4. You may be a little stagnant in a place in your life. Break from the usual and take a moment to do or eat something that brings you joy and inspiration - maybe it's re-creating a fun family recipe or heading to Barnes and Noble, sitting with a book and indulging in a frappuccino that you haven't drank in 10 years! (P.S., this is me - I know they're so not good for you... but why do they TASTE SO GOOD?!) Oh well. Lol.
5. It's the summer. The summer is notorious for always bringing back those feelings of excitement, nostalgia, fun and hope. There's no better time to treat yourself than during the summer.
Photography by: Grace + Light Photo